Midnight Castle is available for play on iOS, Android, and Amazon (Kindle) mobile devices, as well as on PC via the Big Fish Games app (formerly the Game Manager).
Will Midnight Castle run on my device?
While we aren’t able to provide specific compatibility information for every type of device available, we hope these guidelines are helpful:
- We have found that most available iOS devices will run Midnight Castle smoothly. While the game may run on devices using older iOS versions (like iOS 10 or 11) we’d suggest using a device that is able to run at least iOS 12.0 for better game performance.
- We’ve seen performance become much less stable on iOS 9 devices, and would not suggest playing on this version of iOS at this time.
- We find that Midnight Castle is more likely to run smoothly on devices running Android OS 7.0 or higher. The closer your device can get to the most current OS (11.0) the better.
- As there are many different types of Android devices of various power and configuration, game performance may vary, and we apologize if Midnight Castle does not communicate well with your particular device model.
- We’ve seen performance become much less stable when using devices running Android 4.0 to 6.0, and would suggest not playing on these OS versions if possible.
Amazon (Kindle Fire)
- The developers of Midnight Castle do their best to help the game run smoothly on Kindle Fire devices, but these devices are less powerful than more commonly used iOS and Android devices.
- Using a Kindle device released in the last 2-3 years will usually help Midnight Castle run smoothly.
- As with Amazon devices, the large number of possible PC setups of various power and configuration mean that game performance may vary, and we apologize if Midnight Castle does not communicate well with your particular PC.
If my device is older, how can I help the game perform its best?
- Close all other running apps
- Closing all other apps on your device will help ensure that the device’s resources are focused on running Midnight Castle as smoothly as possible.
- Make sure your device’s operating system is up to date
- New OS updates often include optimizations to help the device run apps more efficiently.
- Make sure that you have the latest version of Midnight Castle installed
- As with the Operating System, new updates to the game itself often include important error fixes and optimizations.